Why Experiential Learning?
- A tranquil ambience coupled with a break from the routine environment gives participants the required “manifestation” to be able to introspect and analyze them-self.
- As facilitators we create situations which invite participants to discover their own interpretation & solutions to challenging issues.
- articipants are challenged to think creatively, communicate effectively, solve problems creatively, display leadership, take risks, and actively support teammates.
One of the ways in which Experiential Learning is executed is through Orienteering. Orienteering draws from the learnings of strategy and tactics applied in sports. Participants of the learning intervention are placed in a stimulating and uncertain environment where the need is to achieve a pre determined objective. Experiential Learning uses multiple simulation formats to address differing requirements. For instance, it can be designed as a Leadership Program, a Team Building Program, a Management Development Program and even a program designed to develop the winning instinct in sales team.
Depending on the way Experiential Learning is customized; it addresses various areas of learning. Therefore, format for a leadership program would address areas such as Leadership Styles, Personal and Managerial Effectiveness, Assesment Centre-Development Centre as well.
Whereas a Team Synergy Program would address areas of learning such as Team Bonding, Communication Skills, Team effectiveness, etc. Apart from all this, Experiential Learning formats help participants understand the value of tasks such as Mission Definition, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Contingency Planning and last but not the least, it address issues such as Conflict, Stress, Time Management as well as Crisis Handling.
Experiential Learning becomes especially unique as it also captures emotions like disappointment, stress, anger, enthusiasm and joy, apart from skills, to facilitate the process of translating learning into practice.
Team Development – An Overview
- A team is a collection of individuals directing their energies towards a defined goal, which is achieved through their joint, complementary efforts.
- If the team is working well, there’s energy, synergy and enthusiasm. People are there because of what they can contribute, not because some organization chart says so. If the team wins, each individual wins.
Goals, Strategies, Priorities and Action
- Successful teamwork starts with the question: ‘What are we trying to achieve?’ Unless members of the team are agreed on this fundamental point, they will be pulling in different directions and wasting their energies
- Within the team, there may be conflicting visions, priorities and personal goals to be reconciled. Beyond the team, there are pressures and opportunities that need to be considered. Teams need time to explore the issues.
- The question cannot be answered once and for all. It will need to be reconsidered regularly as circumstances change. The team must be flexible in its working methods, and be prepared to review its strategies in response to new situations
- The process of establishing goals may be a painful one, as past experiences, assumptions and ways of working have to be challenged and perhaps replaced by more appropriate attitudes and methods.
- That people learn best when personally involved in the learning experience.
- Knowledge to be truly meaningful has to be discovered by the individual.
- People are more committed to learning when they are free to identify and pursue their own goals.
- Direct personal experience
- Building an individual’s commitment to development
- Giving learners as great a responsibility as possible for drawing conclusion
- Provide participants an opportunity to bond better with other members of the team.
- Build cross functional synergies and collaboration.
- Help teams identify their strengths, areas for improvement and enhance their effectiveness.
- Motivate teams to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Build a ‘can do’ attitude amongst teams.
- Provide the participants insights into various aspects of Team dynamics
- Dynamic obstacle Course
- River Crossing (Group Dynamic Tasks)
- Artificial Wall Climbing and Rappelling
- Bullock Cart Ride/Tractor Ride
- Archery Shooting
- Golf Putting
- Claying and also learning crucial life-skills like leadership and teamwork through games
- Visit to nearest Zoo/River/Rock Climbing Site to enjoy scenic beauty and bird watching
- Self discipline and character building
- Initiative and self confidence
- Social adaptability and cooperation
- Sense of Responsibility
- Practical Intelligence and organizing Ability
- Dynamism, Fear management and courage
- Decision Making and Ability to Influence
- More than 2 decade of corporate training experience to help participants at various levels.
- Committed with professional Approach: We make emphasis to encourage aspirants to enhance competencies. We offer realistic and progressive thought triggers.
- Trained assessors with credentials, who have experience in the desired field.
- Personalized Training: Our experienced facilitators guide every individual with wholesome feedback at end of each task with a view to enhance their strength and overcome weakness.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure: We use scientific methodologies to assist participants; overcome their limiting beliefs and reach their desired goals.
Nature of the programme
Management Development Outdoors is an experiential learning method that seeks to move away from the chalk and talk methods of traditional learning. It is based on three proven facts:
Experiential learning therefore places the emphasis on
This would be derived from the Training Need Analysis done prior to the programme. The aims could be any one or a combination of some of the following indicative list.
Team building/adventure through experiential activities
We create special program for groups where learning meets playfulness and creativity finds inspiration. It’s a place where your near & dear ones get to mingle with the great outdoors, discover the best-kept secrets of nature and indeed their own selves. An enthralling roller-coaster of adventure, discovery and fun through activities such as;
Leadership Qualities – Activities will inculcate following leadership qualities
Why Eagles Learning?
We aim for excellence and put our best efforts in nurturing participants for competencies required in corporate sector. We have;